Thank you for your interest in Montessori Hale O Keiki.
For School Year 2014-2015 there is a wait pool for our Pre-K & Kindergarten class. We have open enrollment for grades 1 through 8th. Here is a brief description of the admissions process.
- Call MHOK Admissions to make an appointment for a Parent Classroom Observation, a 30 minute visit to the classroom of your child’s grade level. This is the best way we’ve found to see and experience the power of our Montessori classroom community. At this meeting, we will provide tuition, fees & financial aid information as well as learn about your child. Sorry please no Keiki at this meeting.
- Wait Pool When a classroom is at capacity, you can put your child in the wait pool. The parent would still make an appointment for a parent classroom observation (Step 1). After completing the classroom observation, if you feel you would like to have your child placed in the wait pool, you would complete an application for admissions (Step 3) and submit with application fee. Only application/fee will be placed in the wait pool. The Child Evaluation (Step 4) will not take place until a spot opens up.
- After parent visit, to proceed with enrollment, fill out the ADMISSIONS APPLICATION FORM and submit, along with your non-refundable $50 application fee*, to the MHOK office. *Application fee will be applied to registration fee if child is admitted to MHOK.
- Call MHOK office to make an appointment for a Child Evaluation visit. The child visit will be 20 minutes and we require that the child visit be without the parent.
- A letter will be sent to you stating if your child has or has not been admitted into Montessori Hale O Keiki. The classroom teacher and/or the Executive Director will set the date of enrollment after registration materials are completed and registration fees are paid.
- After acceptance of enrollment, parent(s) work with the MHOK Admission to complete the tuition option plan, contract paperwork, attain student education and medical records, and if applicable apply for financial aid.
Admissions application and fee can be dropped of at MHOK office 100 Kulanihakoi Street or mailed to: Montessori Hale O Keiki, P.O. Box 2348, Kihei, HI 96753 For more information or to schedule an observation and classroom visit, phone the MHOK office at 808-874-7441 or email Patty Herren at Patty@MHOK.org. We look forward to your call.